Friday, May 17, 2013

Writing Starter #53

I hate peas.

You can't just say you hate something, you have to give it a try.

Look, I can have any opinion I want about... peas.  I know I don't like them.  I choose not to have them.

But people have been eating peas for years now.  Millions of them.  Can't you understand that perhaps peas are a pretty good thing if so many people choose to have them?

They're just not for me, I know that for a fact.  You don't understand.

Clearly I don't! It doesn't make any sense that you just wouldn't even give them a try!

Look, when I think about having a... pea... I just don't like it.  It's a bad feeling.

That's just what you've made them out to be!  But if you've never had one you wouldn't know what they're actually like!

But I know that I wouldn't enjoy it.  And them I'd just have to live with the bad decision I had made.

What about 20 years from now? Are you still going to keep yourself from having peas? Where will that leave you? It's a fundamental part of life!

If I happen to have changed my views peas by then, then maybe I'll give one a try.  But if not, I don't have to.  I'm fine living without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment