Thursday, May 9, 2013

Writing Starter #47

Lenny the Lion: Dave, I lost all of my teeth! I can't be a lion if I don't have teeth!

Dave the Duck: Well I'm afraid of water! How am I supposed to be a duck if I'm afraid of water?

Marvin the Monkey: You two don't need teeth or water to have a life!

Lenny: But all lions need lots of sharp teeth to catch other animals.

Dave: And all ducks need to be able to swim to travel with the group.  We spend all of our time in the water.

Marvin: Oh come on.  Look at me! I can't climb trees, which is how most monkeys get around and get their food.  But then I found these roller skates, and now I'm the fastest monkey in the forest! And I pick up all of the food the other monkeys drop for me.

Lenny: Wow, I guess you're right!

Marvin: Of course I am.  If you're not able to do something, that just gives you the opportunity to do something else and stand out from everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment