Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Writing Starter #15

When my mom first told me that we were moving to Michigan, I was extremely reluctant at first.  I wasn't a fan of change.  And I really wasn't a fan of trying to make new friends.  I knew I couldn't do it.  I had always the been the shy kid, the kid who couldn't talk to anyone I didn't know well.  I felt like everything that I had been working for in the first 10 years of my life was suddenly a complete waste.  Like when you play a video game for 10 hours without saving and then it shuts down on you.  It feels like the biggest waste of your life.  Except that this time, it was my entire life.  However, looking back at what my life was in Rhode Island, what my life is like here, where my friends ended up there and where I ended up here, I wouldn't trade this life for anything.  I enjoy and appreciate the life that I have now more than I ever would have if we hadn't moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment