Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Flash Fiction #1

We washed up 37 days ago on a deserted island.  I don't know where we are, but it can't be far from Hawaii where the eight of us left from.  

I stumbled upon the radio from the faulty plane dropped we crashed in.  It had washed up on the shore about 3 miles from our camp.  I panicked, grabbed it, and ran to the forest.  

I tried to dig a hole with my wooden spear and eventually just started shoveling with my open hands. I threw the radio in, filled it back up with dirt, then threw some leaves on top.  

Everyone else was desperate to get back to their families, to their lives.  I had no family, my life was no better than it is here.  As far as I was concerned, we had food, we had water, and I was still on vacation.  I wasn't giving this up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment