Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Writing Starter #14

I was talking on my cell phone to my brother.  We were discussing how he was going to get into town without a car or anyone to bring him in.  Suddenly, my vulture Cogburn flew through the open window and heard me utter my brother's name, Chris.  This made him a very angry bird.  My brother had never approved of the domestication of wild animals and Cogburn knew it.  Not because he thought they didn't enjoy it.  That theory went out the window years ago.  But he thought they were too uncontrollable in human society.

"He is not coming here!" Cogburn squawked.

"Oh come on, he isn't that bad," I responded calmly.

"Not that bad?!" Cogburn remarked.  "Last time he was here, he tried to use a stapler to attach my wings together!  And when that didn't work, he nearly took off my head with a baseball bat!"

No comments:

Post a Comment