Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Flash Fiction #2


Plants don’t hurt.  Plants aren’t selfish.  Plants don’t start war.  Plants don’t drain the world of its natural resources.  Plants aren’t evil.  That’s why I don’t feel bad about what I do.  

I released a toxin into Mr. Wiggin’s office and sat back to watch him die.  After a few minutes he dropped, and no one had any clue.  When they did find out, they’d blame it on some kind of carbon monoxide poisoning.  

I don’t feel bad about it.  How many lives has this man taken? 6,000 Banyans in Indonesia.  10,000 Moabis in the Congo.  3,000 Cryillas in North Carolina.  This man deserved his fate.  

In a few years, the world will be rid of rich executives who don’t care about the lungs of this world.  In a few years, the plants will be liberated, and their slaveowners slain.  In a few years, my job will be done here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment