Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Memory Poem

In 5th grade, my brother Patrick

decided to steal

all of my friends,

or at least the ones

I liked.

Every day, we would go to their house

I convinced myself

they wanted me there too,

but he was older

so he was cooler

and I didn't stand a chance.

I felt betrayed

I felt unwanted

and above all

I felt alone

without anyone to talk to

about how no one would talk to me.

One day I called my old friend Declan

we hadn't been friends for a while

I thought of him as "uncool"

because everyone else did.

We hung out

without my brother

and we had fun all day.

He treated me

the way I wanted to be:

wanted.

1 comment:

  1. Great poem. I liked how it was easy to get a picture in my head and how you described what you thought and how it affected you emotionally. It was like watching a movie when I read this. Descriptions are excellent.

    ReplyDelete