Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Writing Starter #21

None of my neighbors are nearly as enthusiastic as I am about St. Patrick's Day! There isn't even a hint of green on anyone's house, except for the Hendersons', but it's just the green shutters they've always had, and even then they're more of a puke-green than a St. Patty's Day-green.  I march over to my next door neighbor Chris Morgan and ask him where his Irish spirit is.  Chris goes on to explain to me that people just aren't that into St. Patrick's Day.  They'll go out and celebrate put they just aren't going to put that much work into a minor holiday.  He also seems to get a little annoyed that I apparently freak out like this every year about the lack of Patty's day spirit.  Well I won't take it.  There are far too many free loaders on this, the mother of all holidays.  I'll just have to make sure they learn their lesson this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment