Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Writing Starter #20

If I were to only listen to one song for the rest of my life, I would have to go with "The Sound of Silence" by Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel.  I'm very hesitant to pick this song because I just started listening to it, but I have a feeling that it's one of those songs that never gets old.  The song goes on about the "sound of silence" and how people seem to be worshipping it and "no one dared disturb" it.  It talks about how people are doing great things but can't communicate them so that they can preserve the silence.  In addition to the meaning and substance behind the lyrics, it also is a terrific song, filled with great harmonies.  In addition, I think it grasps the situation of only being able to listen to one song for the rest of my life pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment